[reportlab-users] Platypus issues

Silas Snider swsnider at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 12:55:55 EDT 2006

I have just started using reportlab to generate some PDFs, and I have
run into a strange error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "actionNotice.py", line 10, in ?
    from reportlab.platypus import SimpleDocTemplate, Paragraph,
Spacer, PageTemplate, BaseDocTemplate
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/__init__.py",
line 13, in ?
    from reportlab.platypus.doctemplate import BaseDocTemplate,
NextPageTemplate, PageTemplate, ActionFlowable, \
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/doctemplate.py",
line 636
    del S[0]
    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I am running Mac OS X.4.7 with reportlab 2.0. I have attached the file
actionNotice so that you can see if the error is reproducible. If it
is, would you please advise as to the source of the problem?

Sincerely,
Silas Snider