[reportlab-users] KeepTogether not working with Spacers any more

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Thu Jul 20 04:05:18 EDT 2006

>> s = Spacer(1, 1*inch)
>>
> ....... for now this is the correct solution as we don't actually use
> the width for anything. Probably should fix the code so it attempst to
> special case the layout.

Yes, that should be fixed, since spacers with zero width work as
expected in all other situations. They are only ignored in
_listWrapOn(), resulting in a wrong calculation of the height, so that
KeepTogether does not work correctly. It's hard to spot the cause for
that problem if you're hitten by that.

I just peeked into the repository; it seems the line "if w<=_FUZZ or
h<=_FUZZ: continue" was introduced in revision 2700 by you. I'm not sure
what it shall accomplish. Do you remember? Maybe you can just remove it.

BTW, I noticed that on the page http://reportlab.org/rl_toolkit.html,
the link "Subversion details" is wrong, it points to subverson.html
instead of subversion.html.

-- Chris