[reportlab-users] Problem setting up renderPM and rl_accel

wayne allen scott wayne at wayne-scott.com
Thu Jul 13 10:31:19 EDT 2006

I now have things up and running--thanks to all for the help and
suggestions on proper news groups.  I learned a lot of Linux along the
way.

I have a suggestion (note--not a complaint).  I think that the readme
files for rl_accel and renderPM should contain a line or two about this
problem.  Something along the lines of....

Linux-
    Many Linux systems do not install the entire Python package in the
default installation of the operating system.  Ensure that your Python
installation is complete and has distutils.

Something like this would have saved a Linux novice like me about 6 hours
of climbing a steep learning curve.

Thanks.

Wayne