[reportlab-users] Ellipsize paragraph

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Jul 3 11:14:18 EDT 2006

Henrique Romano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a way in reportlab to force a Paragraph be truncate or
> ellipsized instead break it into multiple lines? I'm writing a patch
> that extends Paragraph's breakLines() method, so I can to be able of
> remove frags that exceeds the available width, but I'm not sure if it
> shouldn't be done in reportlab.
>
> What do you guys think about?

I don't understand what you mean.  By "ellipsized" do you mean "fit into
a rectangle with rounded corners" or "This is too long so I stop here..." ?

Also do you want to lose some content, or do you want to add an ellipsis
then continue on the next page?  If the latter, I guess it could be an
option so that when paragraphs are split, we inserted something.

- Andy