[reportlab-users] transparency in unicode reportlab

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Sat Jan 28 05:34:49 EST 2006

Jerome Alet wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 09:33:58AM +0000, Andy Robinson wrote:
>> will at phototropia.org wrote:
>>> Friends:
>>>     Will the new version of Reportlab fully support transparency?  If
>>> not, are we moving in that direction?
>> We aren't moving at all in that direction and I can't even
>> think about it until the Unicode build/merge is out the
>> way.
>
> Did you remember if something has changed in the code which disabled
> support for transparency in images ?
>
> bye
>
> Jerome Alet

I've just checked with the trunk code and there at least the pdfgen
images are OK with the mask working fine for GIF at least for a specifed
  colour and also 'auto'. I think there's something wrong with jpeg
support for transparency though. I will have to do some more testing.
Unfortunately we still seem to have two paths through to images,
probably because of the need to support pre-defined a85 images.

Can you say what is broken?