[reportlab-users] Ping

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Jan 18 17:46:04 EST 2006

Nathan wrote:
> On 1/18/06, Rajeev J Sebastian <rajeev_jsv at dinamis.com> wrote:
>> The project is certainly *not* dead or abandoned. It is *very* active.
>>
>> Reportlab is so good, people just won't take time off working on/with it to
>> talk on mailing lists or on IRC ;)
>
> Good to hear!  After some poking around I found the svn repository, so
> that answers that question.
>
> Is the "stable" branch undergoing changes, or are all new changes
> being made to the trunk?

The latter.  Stable only gets fixes for 'bugs that are actually
biting someone', as it supports many critical enterprise solutions
we ship and the last thing anyone wants is for some formatting of a
document to change unexpectedly.

Trunk is not changing fast, but we are hoping to make one or two
'incompatible' changes by moving to consistent UTF8/Unicode support in
the next 3 months.  This will then be called "Version 2.0" and probably
get its own maintenance branch.  This is also where we'd put any patches
or improvements you offer us ;-)

We should produce a stable 1.21 release soon (just need to find the
time), and a 2.0-alpha-1 off the trunk whenever I get a quiet week
and can crack the Unicode change I need.

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson