[reportlab-users] TTF font within reportlab created pdf

Britt Hibbert bhibbert at citrus.textdriven.com
Wed Jan 11 19:46:18 EST 2006

Hi again, and thanks all for your responses to my last question.

The report that I have created for a client uses a TrueType font in it .  Some of the customers that my client has passed this document on to have experienced issues opening the document.  As far as I can tell , all of these customers are using MAC's. Again forgive my ignorance of pdf's and TTF's, but would there be any reason that a MAC would have an issue with a font embedded into a pdf if this font was a TTF ?  In one case, a customer was able to open the document, but sections of the document using the font did not display.  In another case, one of the users reported getting this message:

"Cannot extract the embedded font - {long archaic font descrptor omitted} - Some characters may not display or print correctly.

Does anyone have an idea on what could be causing this issue, and a possible fix for it?

Thanks in advance for any help

Britt Hibbert