[reportlab-users] Writing smaller image-only PDFs

Nicholas Watmough nickw at deakin.edu.au
Thu Feb 9 06:37:07 EST 2006

Yes, the images do only contain black and white. Does this (or can this)
assist compression?

The tool is not doing OCR - it is saving the PDF with images.

Extract the images from from the PDFs? Extract how?

And why is reportlab able to compress 11MB of BMPs into 2MB, but not
able to compress 5.5MB of JPEGs?

Thanks.