[reportlab-users] Dot separators in text

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Dec 1 14:19:39 EST 2006

Jim Steil wrote:

> Hi,

> I’m trying to create a PDF that has a table in it that looks like the

> attached picture. Can anyone point me down the right path to get the

> dot separators between the two ends of the line? The width of the text

> on both ends of the line may vary and I’d prefer to not have to

> calculate how many dots need to be included so that both the right and

> left edges are justified.

Attached is a slightly more flexible drawTabbedString handler, which
handles left, center, right, and decimal tabs, with space, dot, dash,
and underline fill.

I have this accept a string with embedded \t tab characters. It would be
cleaner to have it accept a list or tuple, thus allowing the caller to
split the string using other separators, but that makes the name a bit
less meaningful.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.