[reportlab-users] non-hackable pdf files (was: newbie: filling in a pdf template)

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Tue Apr 25 03:46:20 EDT 2006

Robin Becker wrote:
> frank h. wrote:
>> hello,

snip

>> I.e could I use reportlab to replace text in a pre-existing pdf? that
>> would
>> be fantastic....
>> any hints are very much appreciated.
>> thanks
>> -frank
> ReportLab has a proprietary extension called pageCatcher that can read
> in pdf and allow it to be modified by the open source toolkit.
>
> http://www.reportlab.com/pagecatcher_index.html

Is there a way to create pdf files with ReportLab such that the file
cannot be hacked?

I just received a promotional email from WinZip which offers similar
functionality and it concerns me because the reason I want to create pdf
output is so that the content cannot end up in a word processor to be
edited or otherwise hacked.

Thanks

mike