[reportlab-users] Special characters in text

Dick Kniep dick at kniep.nl
Wed Sep 28 08:58:27 EDT 2005

Hi list,

Probably this has been asked before, but I cannot find it in the archives.

We are using reportlab to generate PDF's and this works nicely. However, data
used is entered by users, so there is no way of knowing what data will be
there. Now if some of the data contains an & or an % sign, the application
crashes. I use the following command to add the text to the report:

Paragraph(fld,parStyle)

Hope someone knows how to deal with this.

Cheers,
Dick