[reportlab-users] charspacing

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Sep 12 12:58:58 EDT 2005

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:53:10 +0200 (CEST), Nicholas Wieland
<nicholas_wieland at yahoo.it> wrote:

>Hi *, I'm using a TTF font to generate my reports, but I can't find a way to "normalize" characters using setCharSpace and charspacing in general.
>The biggest problem here is how to use these functions inside a table, and I'm not able to find any example.
>Suggestions ?

I'm not sure I understand your question.  Character spacing in a
TrueType font is specified inside the font.  Are you saying you want to
override the spacing?  Such a thing almost always produces very bad
looking results.  Are you trying to get your cells justified, or trying
to get fixed spacing from a proportional font?  Perhaps if you gave an
example of what you're after, we could offer suggestions.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.