[reportlab-users] parseAFMFile sfsc1200.afm

Gregor Horvath g.horvath at gmx.at
Wed Sep 7 06:45:56 EDT 2005

Robin Becker wrote:

> it's likely that the afm files come with a line ending that isn't nice
> on Linux. But if it were a conversion problem I would expect the error
> to happen in parseAfmFile.

Line Endings are on both systems correct.

>  The _rl_accel setFontInfo call is failing. Was that available under
> windows and what versions etc etc.

 >>> dir(_rl_accel)
['Box', 'BoxList', 'Glue', 'Penalty', '_AsciiBase85Decode',
'_AsciiBase85Encode'
, '_SWRecover', '__doc__', '__file__', '__name__', '_instanceEscapePDF',
'_insta
nceStringWidth', '_sameFrag', 'add32', 'calcChecksum',
'defaultEncoding', 'error
', 'escapePDF', 'fp_str', 'getFontInfo', 'getFonts', 'hex32',
'setFontInfo', 'st
ringWidth', 'version']
 >>> _rl_accel.version
'0.53'

> We're passing in the ascent and descent as well, but they would/should
> cause a problem under windows as well.

Sorry I don´t understand this sentence.

--
Greg