[reportlab-users] pythonpoint / pgpgen bookmarking question or maybe bug?

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Oct 12 05:00:28 EDT 2005

Karl N. Redman wrote:

I think you're misusing the bookmark name in the draw method

>    def drawOn(self, canv):
>
>        pythonpoint.PPSlide.drawOn(self, canv)
>
>        if ( self.bookmarkName != None):
>
>            canv.bookmarkPage(self.bookmarkName)
>
>         # THIS SEEMS BROKEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>            canv.addOutlineEntry(self.bookmarkName, self.bookmarkName+"x", self.incOutlinelevel)

The bookmark method

creates a bookmark with a given key.

The addOutlineEntry then refers to the bookmark

c.bookmarkPage("P1")
c.addOutlineEntry("Page 1","P1")

the second argument names the reference.

you have effectively

c.bookmarkPage("P1")
c.addOutlineEntry("P1","P1x")