[reportlab-users] RE: paragraph out of table

wang bin wangbin1979 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 03:00:31 EST 2005

2005/11/24, Henning von Bargen <H.vonBargen at t-p.com>:

> I'm quite sure that what you mean is "when a string is too long..."
> and not "when a paragraph is too long...".
>
> You should use Paragraphs (the class!) inside table cells.
> Then line-wrapping will work out of the box.
>
> See also the test code inside platypes/tables.py
>
> HTH
> Henning

Thanks for reply. Actually I should say "the string in the Paragraph
is too long"(sorry for my poor english), I really put the long string
in a Paragraph class and the put the Paragraph class in the table
cell, and it exceed the border.

It's wired that my reportlab has no test directory. I am using debian
and apt-get to install the reportlab for python 2.3 .

I also wonder if the Paraghaph's string is too huge could reportlab
split it to two pages ?