[reportlab-users] Visual Editor.

Fernando Lujan fernando.lujan at terra.com.br
Thu Nov 24 12:16:10 EST 2005

Andy Robinson wrote:
> This would work well for importing static layouts and page backgrounds.
>
> I am trying to get Sketch/Skencil working on Windows, as it can both draw, and import a wide variety of formats. The problem to date was that it was Unix only, but now it's PYGTK based and allegedly works. We must support Windows users (like me).
>
> But it does not help when trying to design a data-aware, flowing document like a database report. For that you need a totally different concept - more lilke an IDE with many views.
>
> What is the relative need for both?

I simply need a editor, which could receive parameters and put the
values in specified locations. Draw rects and images... :)

For instance:

def(_self, test="just a test"):
	drawString(10,20, test)

Andy, why don't we call the Zope users and Python programmers to help us
and provide a open-source tool?

Fernando Lujan