[reportlab-users] jpg image quality in pdf's

Britt Hibbert bhibbert at citrus.textdriven.com
Wed Nov 2 05:08:15 EST 2005

Hello again,

In the process of doing some more experiments, I have realized my problem.
When I open the document in Adobe Acrobat 5, the images seem fuzzy. When I
open the document in Adobe Reader 6, the images are beautiful. My pdf's
generated with reportlab were opening  with Acrobat 5, while the pdf's I
generated through Word and the Adobe plugin were opening with Adobe Reader
6, thus the difference I was seeing. The jpg images inserted through
reportlab print beautifully as well.

I apologize for not checking this out more thoroughly before posting on the
list. It was obviously my ignorance of the situation that caused the "issue"
that I saw.  I've said this before on this list and I'll say it again that
with the reportlab toolkit everything that I've needed to do in creating a
pdf report has been simple and straightforward, and at the same time
amazingly flexible, and the pdf's look great . So thanks again to reportlab
for this awesome tool.

Thanks for your help

Britt Hibbert