[reportlab-users] pythonpoint user please....help

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri May 13 13:29:00 EDT 2005

On 13 May 2005 14:26:47 -0000, "tushar liladhar patil"
<tusharpatil1982 at rediffmail.com> wrote:

>I can't able to use pythonpoint module.
>Ihad tried for:
>
>"python pythonpoint.py pythonpoint.xml" from command line by cd to pythonpoint dir in the usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/tools/pythonpoint in mandrake10.1.
> but I din't got upon any error but i unable to find or see the output pdf file I mean the code works fine but i unable to see pdf file where it get stored.

"pythonpoint.xml" lives in the reportlab/tools/pythonpoint/demos
directory.  Foolishly, pythonpoint.py does not complain if the source
file does not exist.  It simply does nothing, silently, which is exactly
what you're seeing.

Do this:
  cd /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/tools/pythonpoint/demos
  python ../pythonpoint.py pythonpoint.xml

That is, assuming you have write permission in the Python site-packages
directory.  If not, perhaps you should do this:
  cd ~
  cp
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/tools/pythonpoint/demos/pythonpoint.xml
.
  python
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/tools/pythonpoint/pythonpoint.py
pythonpoint.xml

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.