[reportlab-users] problem running test

Chris Africa cafrica at umich.edu
Fri May 6 12:51:25 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone.

I apologize if this question has come up, but I couldn't find a list
archive, and I'm new to the list.

After installing reportlab through Fink (Mac OS X Server 10.3.8 with
Python 2.3), I can't get past the original test program. I'm logged in
as root.

Here's the error:
su: ./test_pdfgen_general.py: Permission denied

Here are the permissions:
-rw-r--r--    1 root  admin  27365 24 Jul  2002 test_pdfgen_general.py

When I chmod u+x, I get a different error:
su: ./test_pdfgen_general.py: /bin/env: bad interpreter: No such file
or directory

I originally tried to install reportlab myself (without Fink), with
these same errors. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chris