[reportlab-users] how can use reportLab to print report?

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon May 2 08:15:24 EDT 2005

Mahmad Sadique Hannure wrote:
>         Currently I am working on python2.3 and
> linux(mandrake 10.1) I want to give facility of
> printing  report on printer in our software. As I am
> new for reportLab so please help me which step I
> should follow to to do this
>
> please help me.
>
> Thank You.

..... teh ReportLab toolkit doesn't address the printer issue at all.
It is used to produce PDF using Python scripts. The PDF can then be
printed if the Adobe or other software can do that. The older linux acrord
command used to be something like

acrord -toPostScript < somefile.pdf | lpr

but this assumes your lpr is set up and that it knows how to do postscript.