[reportlab-users] pdf page shrinkage

Linda Gao linda_y_gao at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 13:40:45 EST 2005

Hi

Thank you,guys,

Here is the simple code I wrote.

from reportlab.pdfgen import canvas
from reportlab.lib.units import inch
from reportlab.lib.pagesizes import letter
c = canvas.Canvas("print.pdf", pagesize = letter)
c.line(inch,8*inch,8*inch,8*inch)
c.line(inch,7*inch,8*inch,7*inch)
c.showPage()
c.save()

this program is to create a pdf file in which I draw two lines and
there is one inch between the lines,but it seems the distance between
them is less than one inch when I measure it after printing out . Is there
anyway to solve this problem?

Thanks

Linda

John Pywtorak <jpywtora at calpoly.edu> wrote:
On Saturday 26 March 2005 02:43 pm, Linda Gao wrote:
> I am new user of reportlab. I have a question about pdf shrinkage. When I
> create textobjects to draw text in the passed positions. The size seems
> smaller than it should be. Any one have some idea about this? thank you in
> advance!

We all were at some point ;-) Welcome. I think we may need to see some code
in order to get this figured out. Could you provide a relevent snippet?

Thanks,
Johnny P
--
Windows