[reportlab-users] VALIGN=TOP, LongTables containing new Para with superscript

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Jun 24 15:32:16 EDT 2005

Robin Becker wrote:
> Chad Miller wrote:

> ... I'm being daft as well as blind. The problem seems real and I'll
> take a look soon.

Chad the problem is in the alternate Paragraph implementation. If you
use from reporttlab.platypus.paragraph import Paragraph you won't see
this happening.

The para module is in some ways more flexible that paragraph, but it is
less tested and may have more bugs. As an example it seems that any tag
in the para test loses the correct vertical position in your table
example eg <font color="red">normal</font> also disappears to the bottom.