[reportlab-users] newbie question

MICHAEL A KOLAKOWSKI mkolakowski at unmc.edu
Mon Jun 6 11:18:06 EDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I'm new to using ReportLab.  I have a question which I hope will be easy.
I'm changing a program to generate a PDF with the same header and footer
on each page.  What is a good way of doing this?  The program already uses
SimpleDocTemplate.  I thought, perhaps, one could just do this:

 doc.build(Story, onFirstPage = myFirstPage, onLaterPages = myFirstPage)

Thus, all the pages should use the same function and be formatted as the
'first' page.  However, that results in the later pages overwriting the
header on the first page.  You can try this out with the examples.py
program.  I hope I have explained myself clearly, thanks for help.

Michael Kolakowski
Computer Programmer
Department of Surgery
University of Nebraska Medical Center