[reportlab-users] (no subject)

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Jul 7 15:34:32 EDT 2005

The long term solution is smart tables which know that some cells contain
numbers,
and can have sum expressions for groups or the current page, but we don't
have
that right now.

In the meantime there are various approaches and a lot will depend on the
templating/
preprocessing system used to generate the RML, and what code has the
knowledge to
do the summing.  The new "PTO" tag (Please Turn Over, which I now learn is a
Britishism)
gets a long part of the way with the help of some custom code.

Can you send me an example document to make sure we are discussing the right
use case?  Also, can you explain briefly how the RML is generated in your
system?
Then we'll try to come up with a way to do this.

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson