[reportlab-users] Re: Font Naming Problems

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jul 7 10:46:31 EDT 2005

Barrett Gay wrote:

> That sounds about right.  Is there anything else that I can try or
> provide you with?  I am using version 1.20; I haven't tried any of the
> nightly builds.

.... after perusing the pdf spec 1.4 I think I see what's wrong. It seems we
were using subset names of the form

SUBSET+TAHOMA+0
SUBSET+TAHOMA+1

etc etc

from the spec it seems as though we should be using the 6 character uppercase
letter tag to differentiate the subsets eg the above could properly be

AAAAAA+TAHOMA
AAAAAB+TAHOMA
AAAAAC+......

I have made a small change in the attached file, ttfonts_py.zip, can you try
putting ttfonts.py from this in your reportlab/pdfbase folder and see if it
improves the ability of Professional at editing?