[reportlab-users] Re: Font Naming Problems

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Jul 6 12:53:07 EDT 2005

Barrett Gay wrote:

> Robin,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.  To clarify, I can open and view the
> document in Acrobat, however if I try and edit the text is when I have
> problems.  But it sounds like my problem is the fact that I am not
> embedding the font, so is there a way to do this?  If not are there any
> alternatives?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Barrett

OK what I think is going on here is that when you edit the document the tool
wants to use the same font and it can't find one called Verdana+0 on the
hard drive. Perhaps there's something wrong with the way we embed the ttf fonts.
Perhaps there's some trick that would allow the subsetting to be accomplished
better.