[reportlab-users] Font Naming Problems

Barrett Gay barrett.gay at c4solutions.net
Wed Jul 6 09:47:45 EDT 2005

In the pdfs that I am generating using Reportlab I am experiencing a
wierd problem.  The font names that I am setting have a trailing "+0"
when I open the pdf in Acrobat Professional.  Because of this I have to
manually change the font to their correct names.  Ex. "Tahoma" is
"Tahoma+0".  Is this something I am doing wrong?  Does it have something
to do with the Windows "\0" char?

Here is some example code:
pdfmetrics.registerFont(TTFont('Tahoma', 'tahoma.ttf'))
PDFCanvas.setFont('Tahoma', 8)
PDFCanvas.drawCentredString(12.000000, 245.500000, '12B')

Thanks in advance,

Barrett Gay