[reportlab-users] pyRXPU + Eric3 = debugger has terminated unexpectedly

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:26:19 EST 2005

Answers interpolated below...

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:54:03 +0000, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:
> Alan Ezust wrote:
> > Anyone try using pyRXPU with eric3 for debugging?
> > As soon as I call parse() on one of the pyRXPU objects, I get
> > "the debugger has terminated unexpectedly".
> >
> > Perhaps pyRXPU has some unintended side-effect?
> >
> > (using debian linux, pyRXPU 1.05, python 2.3.4)
>
> Is eric3 cross platform? Linux X11 only?

It is built on Qt/X11, and works on Mac + Windows (although you need
to download lots of libraries and install them manually in Windows).

> Have you tried the parse by itself outside of the eric3 process?

Actually, I was just trying it out for my first time, and I was
assuming I could use it in place of an existing pyRXP.Parser() which I
was using in the debugger.
. I will make up a simple test case and submit it.

> I assume you need to read some text and pass it into the pyRXPU parser
> by itself so it should be relatively easy to test.

Yes, and I am able to use the debugger with pyRXP without problems.