[reportlab-users] Platypus help.

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Jan 21 12:47:17 EST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:14:00 -0600, Ben McCain <bmccain at univ-wea.com> wrote:

>I copied the example on page 63 of the User Guide and added a couple of
>"story.append"
>lines.  Everything is the same in the example, except for the lines I added
>shown below.
>I was trying to add line and page breaks.  I tried adding "\r\n" for the
>line break without any
>luck.  No clue on the page break.  I tried a few of the XML options on page
>67-68, hoping
>the answer might be found there.  Besides the XML tags, I couldn't figure
>out Chapter 6.
>
>Any advise on creating a new line and page break would be appreciated,
>thanks.

Do you mean you want line breaks in the middle of a line?  No way to do
that, as far as I know.  You just need to create a new paragraph.
However, it's easy to write a little routine to split() the line at \n
characters and generate multiple Paragraphs from it.

On the other hand, page breaks are easy:

    from reportlab.platypus.flowables import PageBreak
    story.append( PageBreak() )

- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.