[reportlab-users] RE: splitting in table cells

Henning von Bargen H.vonBargen at triestram-partner.de
Mon Jan 10 06:57:20 EST 2005

To answer my own question:
It doesn't work with 1.20, either.

So I've started writing my own patch.
The current status is:
* It is working in principle, at least
  if the cells do contain paragraphs.
* It should be possible to extend the
  solution for strings and other flowables, too.
* However, handling sequences (lists, tuples)
  of other objects would be more complicated.

And I'm still facing one specific problem regarding the
styles/lines/backgrounds: Since I'm splitting a row in the
table, in effect I have to duplicate a row in the middle
of the table and I don't know how to adopt the internal
routines cr_0_0 etc.

I'd like to send my code to the main developer of tables.py
for a review - perhaps someone at ReportLab could continue
my efforts?

Henning