[reportlab-users] Forcing URL's to load PDF's into Acrobat

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Feb 28 11:03:03 EST 2005

andrew mercer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Timothy Smith wrote:
>
>> andrew mercer wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can't find this in the docs, code or archive list.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to force Urls within a PDF file to ALWAYS load the
>>> document for that link into acrobat?
>>>
>>> Currently it loads into a Browser - however the file I have created
>>> is an index file to many PDF's which our customer wants to always
>>> open in Acrobat.
>>>
>>> Thanks Andrew Mercer

..... In svn I have added some code into canvas.py (& tested in
test_pdfgen_general.py) that changes the way the linkURL method works. Basically
I added a kind='URI' argument to linkURL. If you set that to 'GoToR' then we get
the behaviour suggested by Andrew. This is not the same as altering the default
behaviour though. I'm not sure what would happen if you attempted to use the
GoToR action with an html file for example so I prefer to leave the default as
is for the present.