[reportlab-users] Unicode support

Eric Hochmeister erichochmeister at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 12:13:22 EST 2005

Hi Robin,

I will take a look at the version2 code.

My main concern is, in version 2, will I be able to use unicode
strings throughout and not worry about fonts etc?  Will all of this be
transparent to the end user/developer?

I'm looking for the ability to just use platypus by sending it unicode
strings and having a PDF output containing the final result.  There is
no need for right to left paragraphs (for asian languages) currently,
but merely for European characters etc.

Any information you could provide would be greatlly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric