[reportlab-users] Unicode support

bo at bitute.b4net.lt bo at bitute.b4net.lt
Wed Feb 23 06:29:29 EST 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 03:12:20PM -0500, Eric Hochmeister wrote:
> So ReportLab does not support unicode at all?  I've seen examples on
> the website where reports were being generated for Japanese Medical
> Reporting.
>
> Am I mistaken on this issue?  Can anyone clarify on this??

Ah, sure you can get output with TTF/UTF-8 if you do unicode(foo, 'utf-8'), but
justifincation still does not works. Means, that UTF output you CAN get. The
only problem that unicode does not supported in general: AFAIK, there are no
unicode strings inside the code. In PLATYPUS justification will not work, for
example.

Good news: I heard (but not sure), that Unicode is supported in the CVS snapshot. ;-)

Robin?

--
暮

Never assume the reader has read the subject line.