[reportlab-users] Unicode support

Eric Hochmeister erichochmeister at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 11:55:30 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm using ReportLab on Mac OS X and I'm using platypus to generate PDF
files.  I tried to enter some unicode data (ie. german characters,
ßöä) and I recieved an error.  (exceptions.IndexError: list index out
of range)

I read a previous email regarding unicode/cyrillic and referred to the
webpage specified (http://www.codeworks.lt/~mg/reportlab.html).  It
specifies that the patch was included in 1.14.  It is using a TTF
font.  I was wondering if anyone has any experience with generating
unicode reports on Mac OS X who may be able to offer advice.  I would
like to use a font which is released with Mac OS X by default
preferably and I would like to use a font which supports numerous
languages by default (which saves me the time from switching between
fonts, depending on what language is being used).

Can anyone help me?  I really need unicode to be working...

Thanks,

Eric