[reportlab-users] Url in index.pdf

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Feb 18 10:02:38 EST 2005

andrew mercer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just started using reportlab but cannot see how to do the following:
>
> I need to create an index.pdf file listing basic information about a set
> of pdfs. One of the columns in the list will be a link to each pdf for
> each row. The url will be relative to where the index.pdf is created and
> run.
>
> This pdf will be used as an index on a cd to allow users to view each
> pdf by selecting the relevant link on in the 'index.pdf' file.
>
> The output needs to be.

you need to create a paragraph that does paragraphing things and also knows how
to do the URL reference.

This is untested, but should be along the right lines

from reportlab.platypus.paragraph import Paragraph
class LinkParagraph(Paragraph):
     def __init__(self, URL, text, style, bulletText = None, frags=None,
                 caseSensitive=1):
         self._URL = URL
         Paragraph.__init__(self, text, style,
                 bulletText = bulletText, frags=frags,
                 caseSensitive=caseSensitive)

     def draw(self):
         Paragraph.draw(self)
         c = self.canv
         c.linkURL(self._URL,(0,0,self.width,self.height),
                 relative=1,color=None,dashArray=None)

let us know if this is what you want and how/if it works?