[reportlab-users] Special characters in paragraphs

Dick Kniep dick at kniep.nl
Thu Dec 15 08:02:09 EST 2005

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the answer, Now I've got another one.

In my code I write text from a database (so this is free text) to the
paragraph. Off course an ampersand can be replaced, but I can get all kinds
of texts from the database. So to prevent any more crashes, I will have to
escape all characters that are "prohibited" like <, >, &. So I have three
questions:

1. Which characters have to be escaped
2. How do I escape them (ie. & becomes &amp)
3. Where do I find this in the manuals?

Keep up the good work, I like the product a lot!!!

Cheers,

Dick Kniep