[reportlab-users] 4 axes per graph

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed Aug 24 05:15:06 EDT 2005

I wrote:

> Your "labels spanning each four bars" is something one would need to
> add to the code. If I understand correctly you need that to describe
> "bar groups", i.e. a "row" in the data supplied to the chart. This
> would be something quite useful for me, too.

This is nonsense... the bar groups are already labeled as such on
a category axis. So, I'm not sure what kind of labels you'd like
to have.

Perhaps it's worth to think about splitting your chart into several
ones, lining these up and showing only the axes at the "outside"
ones? I think in the past some brain cycles were spent on combined
charts, but I'm not sure what effect that had to the code.

Dinu