[reportlab-users] Request MD5 for Report_Lab 1.20 & Win32 DLLs

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Aug 24 04:07:53 EDT 2005

Andy Robinson wrote:

I understand the reason for desiring a certificate, but not the
implementation.

Since the zip and text are displayed/stored next to each other there
seems any modification of the zip could be accompanied by a change to
the MD5 text file.

I suppose we need a watchdog process that salts the md5 hashes away at
generation time in an encrypted and obfuscated form and periodically
checks that the zip and md5 are unchanged.