[reportlab-users] SQL ReportLab Example Question..

longoal at optonline.net longoal at optonline.net
Mon Aug 15 16:42:58 EDT 2005

I am trying to get an example on how to incorporate a data recordset with ReportLab.

One way that I was thinking about doing this was:

  1. Open a file stream Or Python Report Source(ie; .py file)
  2. Write all the ReportLab headings i.e; import .....
  3. Write to the file and open up a DATA declaration.(ie. data = (
  4. Open a recordset and iterate and append to the DATA declaration.
  5. close the DATA declaration and close the .py file
  6. Shell execute the file which should create the "PDF" file.

Any ideas on how to do this a different way?
Thanks in advance,
AL
ps. currently getting data from Oracle 10g Database using OCI and ASP/IIS.