[reportlab-users] using images as bullets

Nicholas Wieland nicholas_wieland at yahoo.it
Sat Aug 13 08:29:06 EDT 2005

 - Britt Hibbert :

>    Hi,
>
>    Does anyone have any experience using an image as a bullet when
>    bulleting a list  ( basically a list of Paragraph objects) ? If so,
>    any recommendations on simple methods of doing this would be greatly
>    appreciated.

Well, I've posted a ton of silly questions in the last few weeks on RL, so
take my "advice" with a truckload of salt :p
I'd suggest to subclass the Paragraph flowable, adding an argument to
the initializer with the image you want to use.
Then in the draw method you can use your image as you like, adding extra
padding to the paragraph itself and drawinng the image where you like.
Never tryied with Paragraph, but this is usually what I try when I want to
personalize a flowable.

HTH,
  ngw
--
checking for life_signs in -lKenny... no
	Oh my god, make (1) killed Kenny ! You, bastards !

nicholas_wieland-at-yahoo-dot-it