[reportlab-users] passing output file name

Doug Taylor dougdata at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:05:37 EDT 2005

Little help anyone,

I am looping through a set of values that will be used as the filename to
save my pdf.

One module passes the string name to another.

I am using the example reportlab file that calls SaveToFile function from
pdfdoc.py

No modifications have been made.

The error message is:

  File "C:\Python24\reportlab\pdfbase\pdfdoc.py", line 232, in SaveToFile

    f = open(filename, "wb")

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'c:\\docume~1\\doug\\locals~1\\temp\\ReportLab_tmp\\reportlab_test'

If the filename is hard coded, the process works fine, but clearly I can not
have all files writing to the same document name!

Thanks in advance.

Doug