[reportlab-users] accentuated chars and TTF fonts

Nicholas Wieland nicholas_wieland at yahoo.it
Wed Aug 10 10:46:08 EDT 2005

Works like a charm, thank you, thank you, thank you :)
I started from the wrong assumption, that my string was UTF-8 (my boss said it was ....). It was encoded in iso-8859-1.

Thank you,
  ngw

Dirk Datzert <dirk at datzert.de> ha scritto:
Hi Nicholas,

what is the encoding of

"Liquidit¨¤ e Obbligazionario", result ['descr'] ?

latin-X,
iso-8859-X
utf-8

Try the following if encoding is 'iso-8859-X' or 'latin-X':

encoding = 'iso-8859-X' # or 'latin-X'

descr = unicode (result ['descr'], encoding).encode('utf-8')

Regards,
Dirk