[reportlab-users] Experimental early serializing pdfdoc.py for

Thomas Blatter bebabo at swissonline.ch
Thu Apr 14 12:48:29 EDT 2005

Hi,

>I can now run all the rml2pdf tests OK, but even though the main documentation
>runs to completion I have problems reading the resultant PDF.

What kind of problems ? I found ghostview more helpful (but not a lot) than acrobat to check for errors. Best for me always was comparing the resulting PDFs (new/old pdfdoc.py) in normal text editor.

>As for the overall API can you explain why we need to stage to _pdfdata in the
>format methods? Why don't we call format directly etc etc?

Not needed any more, that was with clean(), in case one needs to inline again a cleaned object.

Thomas Blatter