[reportlab-users] pdf page shrinkage

Linda Gao linda_y_gao at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 15:57:17 EST 2005

Thank you.
But the problem is when I make 6  box with text in it on each row and total 12 rows, it is clear to see the text shrinkage when I open it with adobe acrabat. for example. the side margin I set is 0.75 inch, but it may seems more than 0.75, so is top margin, and bottom margin.

-linda

John Pywtorak <jpywtora at calpoly.edu> wrote:
On Thursday 31 March 2005 12:21 pm, Tim Roberts wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:05:16 -0800 (PST), Linda Gao
> Those two lines print exactly one inch apart for me, just as they did
> when I created the exact same PDF file using your script. Reportlab is
> behaving exactly what it should.
>
> Therefore, I see two possibilities:
>
> 1. You are choosing the automatic "size to fit" option when you print, or
> 2. Your printer driver is broken.
>
> You are selecting US letter-sized paper (8.5" x 11"). Are you actually
> using A4 paper? That, combined with "size to fit", would cause resizing.

Same here on Linux with cups and acroread 5,x. I don't think it is an issue
with reportlab. Tim's suggestions above are excellent.

Johnny P
--
Windows
Start Here