[reportlab-users] Tables and spanning

Johan Paul Glutting reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:57:27 +0200

Ok, more on this. The initial problem (that showed up in my test code,
which was essentially just the header of the table) was that a spanning
does not work for tables wider than the visible width of the paper (I
knew the table was too big, but I had planned to work on some wrapping
code after I got the spanning right - serves me right ...). Even the
reduced header was just a smidge too wide.

The second problem, which is why the full table failed in a different
way, is that even a reduced, narrower version of the table with all the
data fails, because spanning does not seem to work correctly when the
table is longer than the length of the paper used. Since splitByRow is
turned on by default for tables, I am not sure what else I can do to fix
this.

Has anyone run into this problem before? It seems like this type of
problem would crop up fairly often, and someone must have dealt with it.
I have not been able to google up any fixes. Any suggestions?
I saw a mention for CondPageBreak() in an earlier thread from February.
Not sure if that would help.

Any suggestions appreciated.

JP

En/na Johan Paul Glutting ha escrit: