[reportlab-users] General newbie questions

reportlab-users@reportlab.com reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:52:38 -0700

> First of all congratulations for this great library !!

I am sure the folks at reportlab.com appreciate that along with any other
contributors.  And I totally agree ;-)

> If I install PIL (what I did), does the reportlab-lib support all image
> formats that are supported by PIL ?

Yes I believe this is the case.

> Is there any similar function or workaround from reportlab. I did not find
> anything in the documentation.

Short answer is yes from what I have read in the docs.  I have been meaning to
implement this myself, but have not done so to date.  The open source
openreports.org rml2pdf? uses reportlab on the backend, so I would think what
you want is there.

> 3. Fonts
>
> Can I enable normal TTF Fonts for use ? (I did not understand everything
> from the faq. What is exactly to do ?)

Yes, but gotta look at the docs.  This list has had many an email about people
using ttf, so I know it is possible.

> 4. SWF Graphics
>
> Is there any way to render Flash-SWF graphics ?

I don't think so.  Does the PDF spec support this?  Now if you are talking SVG,
the answer is yes.

Johnny P