[reportlab-users] Usage of <pto> ?

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:10:23 +0100

Bernard Cagalj wrote:
> Hallo !
>
> I was trying to do the following. I have a invoice form where i need to put
> the address and other stuff on the first page and the second page is empty.
> So I created two <pageTemplate> definitions.
>
> Now I automatically want to swtich to the second <pageTemplate> when I have
> a pagebreak.
>
> So I tried the following:
>
> <story>
> <pto>
> <pto_header><setNextTemplate name="secondPage"/></pto_header>
> 	<para style="address">Bla Bla bla... </para>
> 	.
> 	.
> 	<para> (many paragraphs - page-break must occur)
> 	.
> 	.
> </pto>
> </story>
>
> I get the following error:
>
> Warning flowable not yet implemented ! pto!
>
> I used the same example that is printed in the user guide (so it should
> work) but I guess I made some mistakes. Thanks for any hint. If my solution
> for automatically switching <pageTemplate> does not work I would really
> appreciate any help for a working solution.
>
> Greetings
> Bernard

..... conceptually this should work. You'll need very modern code to make it
happen though.

The setNextTemplate thing should be rendered by the PTO, I think you probably
need to do it in the trailer though as it would be done too late in a header.

On the other hand I suspect that PTO handling isn't clever enough to treat the
action flowables properly. It is intended as a method of doing simple please
turn over things.