[reportlab-users] General newbie questions

Bernard Cagalj reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:44:40 +0200

Hallo !

First of all congratulations for this great library !!

I installed the open source library and now I am trying to find my way
through the documentations and the faq:

1. Image support

If I install PIL (what I did), does the reportlab-lib support all image
formats that are supported by PIL ?
I need to convert generated chart graphics from php-script using the gdlib.

2. Table of contents

For less complex PDF's we used sometimes HTMLDOC (Generation of PDF out of
plain HTML). Since there are limitations in the design and data-structure it
is not suitable for more complex projects. Rml2pdf closes these gaps. But a
very powerful option of HTMLDOC is to generate automatically a TOC (and the
clickable Navigation tree in Acrobat-Reader) from the headings <h1>..<h n>.

Is there any similar function or workaround from reportlab. I did not find
anything in the documentation.

3. Fonts

Can I enable normal TTF Fonts for use ?

Greetings from Germany