[reportlab-users] Large table cells

Bogdan M. Maryniuck reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:37:32 +0300

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 12:39:58AM -0700, Erik Stephens wrote:
> I'm having some troubles with a large table cell that won't fit on one
> page.  Is this a known issue?  Any workarounds?  The specific error I'm
> getting is:

Tables in RL quite sucks yet. This is just simple grid with no support of
cell/colspan (attempts to support this are still too weak). On the other
hand, this could lead to very slow flow and just a grid is fast, what is
really good.

First suggestion:
  Fight as strongly as you can to fit one cell to the page.
Decrease font, decrease padding, do table more wide or so. I even split the
table by columns just to fit at least one cell to the page. RL does not support
splitting one cell over the pages.

Second suggestion:
  Buy Pisa from Spirito.de :-) They support cell.../colspan
and other goodness.

Third suggestion:
  Throw away RL and use Java... (bad solution, btw).

Fourth suggestion:
  Pay for me or RL guys and we will develope it better.

So as you see, life is full of solutions... :-)

--
暮