[reportlab-users] Large table cells

Erik Stephens reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 00:39:58 -0700

I'm having some troubles with a large table cell that won't fit on one
page.  Is this a known issue?  Any workarounds?  The specific error I'm
getting is:

File
"/sw/lib/python2.3/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/doctemplate.py",
line 528, in handle_flowable
   raise "LayoutError", message
LayoutError: Flowable <Table at 6945328 1 rows x 2 cols> with cell(0,0)
containing
'<Paragraph at 6945408>SMB use host SID to enumerate ' too large on
page 13

Poking around in doctemplate::handle_flowable, I can't find a way to
fix this, assuming it's reportlab and not me.  It doesn't look as if
table cells can be split.  Is this correct?

Thanks,
Erik